|These are the lyrics of the original version of this song. You can find the lyrics of the amended version here.|
Machi o aruite iru to hitori no onnanoko ga,
Walking down the street, one girl
|These lyrics don't have an official translation. The fan-translation was taken from.|
- One day before Dir En Grey began to record their debut EP MISSA (1997), Kyo was told to change the lyrics of 惨劇の夜, likely because of the brutal imagery. The band even considered to leave out the entire song, but decided that since it was the first song the people would hear, it was too important to be excluded. Thus, it received new lyrics and was renamed to 霧と繭. The original version was later released on 「楓」～if trans…～ (1997), along with 業, a similar case.
- According to the Japanese wikipedia, the working title of this song was "Tragedy Night".
- The lyrics card included with「楓」～if trans…～ mistakenly gives the lyrics as 「二人で何処かへ行こう」 ("Futari de doko e yukō"). This was corrected to 「二人で何処か行こう」 ("Futari de doko yukō") in the pamphlet that was released during the ～MISSA発売記念LIVE～ shows in August 1997.
- Similarly, it gives そのまま地中へと深く沈めました。 (sono mama chichū e to fukaku shizume mashita), although Kyo doesn't sing a と (to). This was also corrected in the pamphlet.
- Not included in either lyrics are the words at the beginning and ending:
- 落ちてゆけ (Ochite yuke) – Fall down
- In the song's music video, subtitles with what appears to be an English translation can be seen:
- My drifting in the street, a girl, who appeared being caught me on the eyes.
- Found myself talking to, to somewhere we should go, joyfully.
- Very attracting and playing against the will of time as you were, soon tears trickled down one's cheek.
- Excess of your charm brought an inexhaustible hate for me.
- Which forced my hand to strangulate you forcefully.
- At you, of forceless, again and again, 'tis my hand that was striking.
- In your flower gardenlet, seeding, the buds wet redly, never be in its bloom.
- My arms cut up, blood running off, by me.
- My blood washed yours, tears flowed over.
- Then I put your body into refrigerator, and themselves under the ground deep down.
- The crime was of her, persuading myself many time, love, nothing of my desires.
- That the crime uncompensatory won't allow anyone to be free, factum, inviting me to death, a white piece of rope and I have lived with.
- Colored into all red, tragedy, with nothing lost, the night tragical even just broke through her pall.
- On June 14 and 27, 1997, Kyo performed a spoken word version of 惨劇の夜. It was called 語り (Katari) in the live report of June 14 and simply described as Kaoru's and Kyo's solo in the one of June 27.