|These are the lyrics of the 1999 version of this song. You can find the lyrics of the 2011 version here.|
Kagai-sha no boku kara higai-sha no kimi e
From me the assailant, to you, the victim
|These lyrics were translated by an uncredited translator.|
- 蜜と唾 is one of the four songs that were performed live in their original version after they were remade. The other three are 業, MACABRE -揚羽ノ羽ノ夢ハ蛹- and 秒「」深.
- 蜜と唾 is the only Dir En Grey song that was performed in its original and remade version on the same day.
- This song was initially called NS1 ("New Song 1") during Dir En Grey's indies days in 1997–98 and was named 蜜と唾 sometime between March and July 1999.
- Although the name of this song would normally be read as みつとつば (Mitsu to Tsuba), which means "Honey and Saliva", the kanji are always mirrored on tracklists, suggesting the reading つみとばつ (Tsumi to Batsu). When written as 罪と罰, this means "Crime and Punishment".
- The line at the beginning wasn't included in the album booklet. This was corrected in the band score.
- The same mirroring from the song's title was applied to the word お菓子 (okashi), which means "sweets", to display it as 子菓お. Going by the official translation, this was likely done to allude to the homonymous 犯し (okashi), which can mean "to violate" or even "to rape". It was also done with を貸せ (o kase), which means "lend me", to allude to 犯せ (okase), the imperative form of 犯し (okashi).
- "Q+Ⅱ", "kissless kept" and "mad yet kool" are placeholders for words that are censored in the track:
- "Q+Ⅱ" is クイーン (kuīn), which means "queen". As a card, the Queen is said to be the 12th card. Adding 2 makes it 14, the age of the person in this song.
- "Kissless kept" is 薬漬け (kusurizuke), which means "drug dependence".
- "Mad yet kool" is 麻薬 (mayaku), which means "narcotics".
- 薔薇薔薇 (Barabara) is an ateji, a case of kanji that are used as phonetic symbols instead of for the meaning. In this case, the meaning is supposed to be バラバラ (barabara), a soundword of something scattered or even mutilated.
|Release Title||Release Date||Song Title||Notes|
|TOUR14 PSYCHONNECT -mode of “GAUZE”?-||2015.01||Recorded on August 30, 2014 at 新木場STUDIO COAST.|
|1999年12月18日大阪城ホール||2000.02.16||Filmed on December 18, 1999 at 大阪城ホール.|
|TOUR14 PSYCHONNECT -mode of “GAUZE”?-||2015.01||Filmed on August 30, 2014 at 新木場STUDIO COAST.|
|19990120||2024.01.17||Filmed on July 30, 1997 at 尼崎ライブスクエア.|