|These are the lyrics of the amended version of this song. You can find the lyrics of the original version here.|
These are the lyrics of the 1997 version of this song. You can find the lyrics of the 2012 version here.
Otoroe kuchite yuku kono karada sae nakereba ii
I don't need this body which will only grow weaker and rot
|These lyrics don't have an official translation. The fan-translation was taken from.|
- One day before Dir En Grey began to record their debut EP MISSA (1997), Kyo was told to change the lyrics of 惨劇の夜, likely because of the brutal imagery. The band even considered to leave out the entire song, but decided that since it was the first song the people would hear, it was too important to be excluded. Thus, it received new lyrics and was renamed to 霧と繭. The original version was later released on 「楓」～if trans…～ (1997), along with 業, a similar case.
- Not included in the booklet's lyrics is the intro:
- 一時の喜びさえ苦しく長い夜の中 (Hitotoki no yorokobi sae kurushiku nagai yoru no naka) – Even a moment of joy pains me through this long night
- 永遠に目覚めない冷たいナイフで私を… (Eien ni mezamenai tsumetai naifu de watashi o…) – With a cold knife to close my eyes eternally…
- 落ちてゆけ (Ochite yuke) – Fall down