|These are the lyrics of the amended version of this song. You can find the lyrics of the original version here.|
These are the lyrics of the 1997 version of this song. You can find the lyrics of the 2012 version here.
Otoroe kuchite yuku kono karada sae nakereba ii
I don't need this body which will only grow weaker and rot
|These lyrics don't have an official translation. The fan-translation was taken from.|
- One day before Dir En Grey began to record their debut EP MISSA (1997), Kyo was told to change the lyrics of 惨劇の夜, likely because of the brutal imagery. The band even considered to leave out the entire song, but decided that since it was the first song the people would hear, it was too important to be excluded. Thus, it received new lyrics and was renamed to 霧と繭. The original version was later released on 「楓」～if trans…～ (1997), along with 業, a similar case.
- Beginning with the performance on January 14, 1998, Kyo used the lyrics of 惨劇の夜. As such, this song was essentially never performed again after October 30, 1997, making it the studio song that hasn't been performed for the longest time.
- The three lines at the beginning weren't included in the EP booklet:
- 一時の喜びさえ苦しく長い夜の中 (Hitotoki no yorokobi sae kurushiku nagai yoru no naka) – Even a moment of joy pains me through this long night
- 永遠に目覚めない冷たいナイフで私を… (Eien ni mezamenai tsumetai naifu de watashi o…) – With a cold knife to close my eyes eternally…
- 落ちてゆけ (Ochite yuke) – Fall down
- Based on what Kyo sings, the MISSA booklet appears to contain two incorrect lines:
- 貴方はこの世にもう居なくて日が沈んだ (Anata wa kono yo ni mō inakute hi ga shizunda) is missing a は (wa).
- 二人で育てた花達もあの頃は (Futari de sodateta hana-tachi mo ano koro wa) should be 二人一緒に育てた花達もあの頃は (Futari issho ni sodateta hana-tachi mo ano koro wa).
|Release Title||Release Date||Song Title||Notes|