THE IIID EMPIRE
Sennō ga nageki o utau
Brainwash makes us sing a sorrowful song.
|These lyrics were translated by Emi Yamada and You Masuda.|
- This song holds the record for the most consecutive years it was performed live. Beginning in 2003, it was performed at least once each year until 2016, for a total of 14 years.
- Had 朔-saku- been performed in 2012, it would be the song to hold this record with a total of 19 years, from 2004 to 2022.
- The working title of this song was やも殺し (Yamogoroshi).
- On VULGAR, the title of this song is written as "THE Ⅲ D EMPIRE". On later releases it's often written as "THE ⅢD EMPIRE".
- Among Japanese fans, this song is also called 第三帝国 (Daisan Teikoku), which means "Third Reich".
- On a rehearsal and venue setlists, the remake's title can be found written as "THE IIID EMPIRE(Best Ver)" or "THE IIID EMPIRE(Best Ver.)".
- 魔人婦穴 (Marifuana) refers to marijuana (normally written as マリファナ (marifana)). Kyo uses so-called ateji to censor it. In the VULGAR band score, the word is censored with ✕✕✕✕.
- The kanji 国家繁栄 are often said to be read as kōkuhai, being an ateji for coke (コーク (kōku)) high (ハイ (hai)). However, according to the band score's sheet lyrics, Kyo sings こっかはんえい (kokka hanei), which is the correct pronounciation of the kanji.
- While "L&P" most likely means "love and peace", the meaning of "OBLATE" and "T.I." in the context of this song is unclear.
|Release Title||Release Date||Song Title||Notes|
|VULGAR||2003.09.10||THE IIID EMPIRE||Regular version.|
|THE FINAL||2004.03.17||THE IIID EMPIRE [LIVE]||Recorded on October 26, 2003 at 大阪厚生年金会館.|
|DECADE 2003-2007||2007.12.19||THE IIID EMPIRE||Remastered version.|
|VESTIGE OF SCRATCHES||2018.01.02||Remade version.|
|BLITZ 5DAYS DVD-BOX||2004.03||THE IIID EMPIRE||Filmed on July 5, 2003 at 赤坂BLITZ.|
|TOUR04 THE CODE OF VULGAR[ism]||2004.10.06||Filmed on April 25, 2004 at Zepp Tokyo.|
|TOUR05 It Withers and Withers||2006.05.03||Filmed on November 5, 2005 at 新木場STUDIO COAST.|
|Filmed on November 6, 2005 at 新木場STUDIO COAST.|
|DESPAIR IN THE WOMB||2007.02||Filmed on July 31, 2006 at 日本武道館.|
|Filmed on August 1, 2006 at 日本武道館.|
|IN WEAL OR WOE||2008.04||Filmed on August 4, 2007 at Wacken Open Air.|
|Filmed on December 22, 2007 at Zepp Tokyo.|
|TOUR08 THE ROSE TRIMS AGAIN||2009.04.29||Filmed on October 18, 2008 at 新木場STUDIO COAST.|
|TOUR09 FEAST OF V SENSES||2009.09||Filmed on February 26, 2009 at 京都MUSE.|
|UROBOROS -with the proof in the name of living...- AT NIPPON BUDOKAN||2010.05.26||Filmed on January 9, 2010 at 日本武道館.|
|TOUR12-13 IN SITU-TABULA RASA||2013.09.25||Filmed on February 1, 2013 at 新木場STUDIO COAST.|
|DUM SPIRO SPERO AT NIPPON BUDOKAN||2014.07.16||Filmed on March 8, 2014 at 日本武道館.|
|TOUR16-17 FROM DEPRESSION TO ________ [mode of VULGAR]||2017.03.21||Filmed on July 2, 2016 at 新木場STUDIO COAST.|
|VESTIGE OF SCRATCHES||2018.01.02||THE IIID EMPIRE (Best Album Edition)||Remade version music video.|
|THE FINAL DAYS OF STUDIO COAST||2022.9.14||THE IIID EMPIRE||Remade version.|
Filmed on January 26, 2022 at USEN STUDIO COAST.
|25th Anniversary TOUR22 FROM DEPRESSION TO ________||2023.07.05||Remade version.|
Filmed on November 8, 2022 at Zepp Haneda.